Tuesday 28 July 2009

In The Toon

Today I took a trip to The Toon in order to buy.... three sheets of paper. Not any old paper though.... special paper to hopefully do wonderful creative things with next week at the Sunderland Writing Symposium

Here are some photos I took around Newcastle... firstly looking DOWN Grey Street... I spied Cale Cross House, where I used to work on the 15th floor in the early eighties. I could also spy my own first ever studio near the top of Dean Street.

Then looking UP Grey Street... old and new jousting for position?

Then a beautiful piece of street architecture/lettering in the doorway of a redundant shop at the top of Grey Street that I will always call 'Marcus Price'...

Then to the Haymarket. This must have been a splendid hotel to greet weary travellers as they arrived in Newcastle down the A1 from Scotland. It is now the facade of an establishment called 'OZ Bar'
The tower of the civic centre wonderfully reflected in the windows of another new building for Newcastle University.

No comments:

Post a Comment