Tuesday 22 June 2010

Labour of Love

Here you see the product of a number of weeks work and stress as I prepare to submit pieces for my CLAS (Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society) Foundation Diploma before next week. Four calligraphic pieces plus two short essays will hopefully get me on this first step of the CLAS 'Ladder of Progress'. Intermediate level next followed by Advanced... probably a couple of years down the line. All a challenge and very good discipline, but thankfully critiqued, advised and overseen by the expert eyes of SM. Thanks Susan!

6 comments:

  1. Tim, you're brilliant at calligraphing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your work, I used to enjoy calligraphy when I was a nipper, I may give it a comeback. I especially liked the keepsakes you made, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for looking in Dennis, and your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lettering is very nice indeed; but I'm a bit shocked that these (you say) official submittals towards an eventual qualification in calligraphy include neither attribution of the text, colophon, nor your signature - things we require from students from the very first moment. Presumably they have told you NOT to include these?

    ReplyDelete