Sunday 22 March 2009

Men at Work

Last week... Tuesday and Wednesday to be precise, I was helping my mate Terry with his shutter business. I'm not usually one for hard manual work, as I like to keep my delicate, lilly-white hands callous free for other, more artistic tasks. However, I had a really great couple of days as we set about fitting some plantation shutters to a house in downtown Forest Hall.

To me was entrusted the crucial role which involved 'handing Terry the tools'. I soon got into the swing of things and in no time had mastered the rotation of drill, countersink, screw, screwdriver. I repeated this mantra under my breath as Terry set about fitting the shutters in very short order... upstairs first day, downstairs second day. Apart from one small error on my part, which I will describe as 'drilling through the end frame of one of the shutters', everything went very well. Terry himself had one small accident, although it would be wrong of me to mention it in detail in these lines.

The photograph above is slightly misleading, as I was not to be entrusted with 'caulking'. I did get to hold the caulking gun though, which gave me strong macho feelings of being a working bloke, if only for a short period.

No comments:

Post a Comment