Friday 13 March 2009

Whitleybunions #02 T & G Allan

Tomorrow, Saturday 14th March 2009, this shop, T & G Allan in Whitley Bay will be closing its doors for the very last time. It will be gone, deceased, finito. It will be no more. What a sad day. Far from the days when as a boy I used to wander into the shop after a Saturday morning at 'The Coliseum - ABC Minors' picture show and spend a little of my pocket money on all manner of fairly useless tat. So today I went in and bought the very last thing I will ever buy at T & G Allan, and here it is...Four pounds and ninety nine pence discounted to three pounds and fifty pence in the closing down sale. Bargain. Marks and Spencer, Woolworth's, T & G Allan.... I wonder who'll be next in the retail vortex that is Whitley Bay? Like I pleaded recently to Sid, please try and save a few shops for when we get moved there.

No comments:

Post a Comment