Thursday 30 July 2009

Writing 2009

I'm getting ready to go to the Writing 2009 International Calligraphy Symposium tomorrow. In the past couple of years I have found a renewed interest in calligraphy, something I first took an interest in at school and have dabbled with during my graphics career from time to time. A couple of classes during the past two years have given me more confidence in my ability and potential, and also joining The Northumbrian Scribes has been a massive encouragement.

I'm looking forward to what should be an exciting and challenging week, where I will hopefully be stretched in my abilities, learn new skills and meet lots of people who are on a similar journey. I'll also be enjoying the hospitality of my lovely sister for some of the time during the symposium, so there'll be time to catch up with her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment