Thursday 13 August 2009

More from the writing symposium...

More images from my wonderful week at the Sunderland Writing Symposium - 'Lines of Continuity'. Here is a typical international mix at dinner time... Finnish, Australian, Belgian, Canadian, Japanese... and me from UK.

Susie teaching her beautiful Chinese lettering...


Ewan gives feedback to one of the workshop groups...

Manny Ling does likewise with the digital calligraphers...


Susan gave a superb presentation about her work on copying a page from the Codex Amiatinus...

...in St Peters Church Monkwearmouth, where the original was created! Bede walked through this very doorway when he entered the monastery at seven years old.

Beautiful lettering was in abundance from many clever and interesting people. I'm already looking forward to the next event in 2011.




3 comments:

  1. Tim, you whet my appetite to calligrophise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these Sunderland pictures. I see my friend Georgia from Canada in one of them.... Beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorraine... thanks for looking in and your kind comment. Hope to see you in Sunderland next year!

    ReplyDelete