Friday 18 December 2009

CLAS submission

I'm sending in my submission for the Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society 'Certificate in Calligraphy'. This is a first level assessment and certification for those who would like their calligraphy assessed against national standards. It is the first step on the CLAS 'Ladder of Progress' which will lead on to three levels of the National Diploma in Calligraphy. For my assessment I had to write one whole alphabet and a piece of eight line prose in a large nib, and the same piece of prose with a small nib, which I chose to write in a Formal Italic script.

5 comments:

  1. You sound like a man very much at peace with yourself Tim. I am told our hand writing reflects such matters. True? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - I think a creative discipline helps in this regard. However, I am often a combination of peace and struggle if I'm honest. The struggle is usually with oneself of course. I am good at exuding an aura of calm whilst at the same time inwardly wrestling anxious thoughts... much like the analogy of the swan apparently gliding serenely across the lake, while the little feet go twenty to the dozen under the surface!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be climbing that ladder pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete