Tuesday 1 December 2009

A trip to the Toon....

In Newcastle today for some time away from the computer and work. First stop lunch at The Coffee Rooms.... lovely mushroom soup and a bap. Not used to the old-fangled waitress service I finished up and then walked out without paying my bill! (I returned as soon as I realised my error, me being a lad with mother's honesty values solidly in place.) The Christmas Market was in full swing at Greys Monument...

Then, heading towards The Biscuit Factory to pick up a print I won in a prize draw, I spotted these gorgeous panels at a nearby building site.

This is the site of one of the earliest dispensaries in Newcastle. Now sandwiched between a jobbing printer and a computer accessory store I wonder about its chances of survival as the demolition progresses along the street. Further down I snapped this shot of a place I used to work, now due for demolition and redevelopment. New tat replacing old tat I should imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment