Monday 29 June 2009

In these shoes?

On Saturday I went to The Metro Centre to buy a new pair of trainers. Being a bit of a creature of habit I got another pair of Nike Air runners, which are lovely and comfy, give good grip and are good for my daily 'power walk' (don't do too much running these days!) As I was dispatching my lovely old trainers to the bin, a thought occurred to me.... how LONG had I had these old friends? After a bit of a check through my old diaries I discovered that I bought them in 1990, for doing the Great North Run that year! So I solemnly took this touching photo of 'left and 'right', as I've come to affectionately call them, before sending them to their maker (well, not actually their real maker, but you get my drift). Here they are...

But I couldn't stop there. I wanted to check out where I had been in these lovely shoes, what adventures they had been on and to which exotic spots they had conveyed me. So here is a rough break down of their... and obviously my, journeys:
1990 - Great North Run, Newcastle / Dublin, Ireland
1991 - Great North Run, Newcastle / Norway
1992 - Greece
1993 - Norway
1994 - Norway / Sweden / Finland / Russia / Canada
1996 - Norway / C2C Bike Ride (UK!)
1997 - Norway / C2C Bike Ride (UK!)
1998 - Sri Lanka / Norway
1999 - Sweden / Norway
2000 - Norway
2001 - Sweden / Norway
2002 - Norway
2003 - USA / Sweden / Norway
2004 - Norway
2005 - Norway / France
2006 - Norway

As you can see.... lots of trips to Norway in these shoes, but not much travelling for the last few years. Note to self.... must rectify that!

No comments:

Post a Comment