Thursday 18 June 2009

The Isle of Tiree

This time last week I was on the Isle of Tiree. I went with my buddy Jason who was engaged to shoot some 360 degree panorama photography for the island web site. We had a brilliant time. I fell in love with the place and can't wait to return. We were hosted by our friends Colin and Susan Woodcock, of Blue Beyond, who moved to the island seven years ago and are now pretty much part of the scenery. They are both artists and run a studio and gallery at Balemartine, in the south west of the island.

Colin set up the 'Shoreline' fundraising art project which I mentioned a couple of posts ago, and to which I submitted a painting. There are still a few paintings left to purchase at £150 each, so why not get over to the site now and snap one up!

Our days on Tiree consisted of wandering around the many and various beautiful beaches, looking for suitable spots from which to take the panoramas. Colin was our expert guide and art director, and Jason was Camera Operator numero uno. I pretty much just had to stand around looking windswept and creative, and from time to time carry the tripod.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos Tim. You look well happy! And yes the wind swept artist too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning! Places like that make me want to go and live there! I imagine that it could be quite rough in Winter - bit like Hartlepool!! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Steve (if you're the Steve I'm thinking about, as your Google link was blocked!) I seem to remember you saying you'd spent some time in the Hebrides when you were a student?

    Stu... you would love it there. I can almost guarantee you would be the ONLY beat boxer on the island! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you a camera caddie, Tim?

    ReplyDelete