Monday 26 January 2009

The dissenting voice

Backyard Missionary submits a strong, yet interesting piece about 'revival' in his Australia Day post. Here's a taster...

"I am tired of this revival talk and these false prophets, because in the 30 years I have been old enough to understand the concept I have actually observed the church (overall) in decline. And I haven’t seen any of the revivals that have been predicted ever actually happen. (I do know there have been movements of this ilk among aboriginal people - but these weren’t ‘prophesied’ - and of course because they are not white we don’t count them…)

Do I sound a tad cynical?…

The next time someone prophesies massive revival in your church tell them they are full of crap. Ok… maybe that’s a bit strong… Maybe just politely inquire when the revival will be, what will happen, how you will know it has happened and then bet them a carton of crownies it won’t happen. (Easy way to get free beer…)

No… on second thoughts I was right the first time."

God bless the dissenting voice I say! Go here for the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment