Tuesday 6 January 2009

I now have a forty year old daughter!


Today my eldest daughter, Nicola, celebrates her fortieth birthday. She has already had one party in Berlin, where she lives, and is coming home to celebrate again with her family. We'll be travelling down to Romford this week, to my other daughter's house, where no doubt a double celebration will be in order, as our granddaughter also has a birthday today!

Its a little strange to realise that you have a child who is forty. Sometimes I feel little more than that age myself, and at other times, as with this realisation today, I feel decidedly ancient. Whenever I get into that frame of mind I am quickly deflected from those thoughts by Bren, who resists any sense of ageing, and berates me for even hinting at feeling my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment